Welcome New Families!
Irvington Elementary School is a small neighborhood school located in the heart of Northeast Portland’s Historic Irvington District. We are a diverse, tightly-knit community of over 225 elementary school kids and families. At least 4 languages are spoken at Irvington. 33 percent of us are students of color and 19 percent have Special Education (students who have Individual Education Plans (IEP). Each of us is an essential part of the Irvington School family.
And you can be too!
Connect to Kindergarten
Do you have a student who will be attending Kindergarten at Irvington in the Fall 2023? If so, please save the dates below for our Kindergarten Connect events this spring.
All Connect to Kindergarten Events will be in person at Irvington School. We look forward to meeting you!
- March 14, at 6:00 – 7:00 PM Irvington
- May 9, at 6:00 – 7:00 PM Irvington
We will also have popsicle parties during the summer for incoming families. Please join us on the playground on the times/dates below:
- June 20th at 5:30pm
- August 16th at 12:00pm
- Enroll with PPS
- Register with ParentVue to access your childs PPS information
- Register with Remind to communicate with your childs’ teacher(s)
- See if your child can take the bus
- Check the Bus Schedule
- Call Irvington Admins to get a bus pass (503) 916-6185
- Sign up for the lunch program with SchoolCafe
- Bookmark the School Menu
- Sign up for Aftercare or Afterschool Classes
- Sign up with AtoZconnect to join the parent directory and get informed about PTA events
- Register with PPS to be a volunteer (Only required to volunteer inside the school)
- Join the PTA!
Tuesday, August 30th is the first day of school for most PPS students.
- Tuesday, August 30th – First day of school for 6th, 9th, and 12th grades only.
- Wednesday, August 31st – First day for 7th, 8th, 10th, and 11th grades.
- Tuesday, September 6th – First day for Kindergarten.
- Kindergarten has a ramp up between Aug 30-Sept 2 where families should each be invited to have a 1:1 connection with their Kindergarten teacher and students should each be invited to a practice day in their classroom.
- Monday, September 12th – First day for Pre-Kindergarten and Head Start.
Here is a link to our 2022-23 PPS Calendar.
Irvington does not qualify to participate in CEP so parents need to provide food or sign up for the lunch program.
If your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Click here to access the 2022-23 Confidential Family Application for Free and Reduced-Price Meals.
We care about our student’s wellness. There are people and community organizations who can support you and your family. Connect with any of the supports listed here and/or share your concerns with your medical provider.
The PPS Multilingual Family Line is a service for parents or guardians (in all PPS-supported languages) to communicate with schools regarding meals, tech help for online classes, special instruction, talking to your teacher, COVID resources and other information, etc. Need help? Call us:
- Español: 503-916-3582
- Tiếng Việt: 503-916-3584
- Soomaali: 503-916-3586
- Русский: 503-916-3583